In other news, we've been getting a ton of photo Christmas cards from RL friends within the last two days. :) We rarely see most of them on any kind of regular basis because they all live so far away and we were surprised to see their children are all getting so big! It's hard to imagine that my friends who are my age have children in grade school - especially when I think that I haven't even started a family yet. In some ways, it's times like these that I feel very behind in my life. :P
And on a theatre note, I just read that Matt Raftery (who was Buddy Foster the weekend I saw "Side Show" at the Colony) was cast in "Beauty & The Beast" at Kevin's Mom's former theatre - the Marriott Lincolnshire in Chicago. :) Wish I knew what more of the Side Show cast was up to these days. :( Sadly the only ones that I've been able to really keep up with were Julie Jackson, Misty Cotton, Nick, Michael Wallot, and of course - Kevin.
Finally, I stole this from cahwyguy because it looked interesting and I've been procrastinating studying for my next web exam. :P
I currently have ten "single interests," which are interests that nobody else lists on their profile. What are they, and what do they mean?
1. Big Island Candies - makers of the wonderful chocolate dipped shortbread cookies that I would give just about anything for! Gave some to Kevin for opening night of "Ten Commandments" and for his debut with the California Philharmonic and he loves them. :) Unfortunately, they can only be purchased from the store on the Big Island (or really expensively through their website) ;)
2. Colony Theatre - where I first saw my favorite LA musical of all time - "Side Show". :) It was where I met and got to know the wonderful folks that I will travel anywhere to see in shows - Julie, Misty, Nick, and Kevin. :) None of them do shows there anymore, but it's still one of my all-time favorite theatres - mostly because of all my wonderful memories. :)
3. David Burnham - he was John Hinkley in Reprise's "Assassins" when Kevin was Booth. :) His "Unworthy of Your Love" was just incredible, much better than any I've heard, or have heard since! I usually only talk about him in this journal to say "I wish I'd seen him in this or that..." since he's never in anything when I'm in town. :(
4. Gary DiSarcina - an Angels' shortstop that I used to adore in my baseball watching days. :) Such a shame that he was injured and was forced into early retirement. Such a sweet, kinda shy guy too. :)
5. Julie Dixon Jackson - goes without saying, I think. :) Not only is she one of the most talented actresses and singers that I have the pleasure of knowing, but she's also one of the sweetest and most thoughtful people around. I'm glad Kevin was cast with her in Side Show or I would've missed out on the opportunity to know a truly wonderful person. :)
6. LA Stage Magazine - I wait patiently for my issue to arrive every quarter. :) So far no mention of Kevin except for that wonderful photo that I'm using in my icon. :) It's my favorite magazine.
7. Laguna Playhouse - another theatre that I love. Great "Spitfire Grill" and "Laramie Project" memories. :) Nice green room too. :)
8. Misty Cotton - goes without saying as well. :) Her talent amazes me and I'm so grateful that I got to meet her during "Side Show". She's one of the most gracious people I've had the pleasure of meeting and she puts up with me not updating her site - which I always feel horrible about. :P
9. Nick DeGruccio - who I met through Kevin and Julie while Kevin was doing "Side Show". I've seen him on stage twice (which is not enough for me!) but have seen COUNTLESS of productions that he's directed ("Side Show", "Spitfire Grill", "Side by Side", "Laramie Project", etc.). :) LOVE him to death - he has to be the warmest, sweetest man that I've had the good fortune to know. :D
10. Theatre in LA - which is pretty self explanatory, I think. :)
Surprisingly all of my other 140 interests are shared with at least one other person - though I think I may be the only one with "Adam Lambert" - the one I'm thinking of (from "110 in The Shade" and "Ten Commandments") as an interest - others have him listed, but they're all in the UK so I think they're referring to someone else with the same name. :P
Boy, this was a long entry. Thank you to anyone who took the time to read it. I'm off to catch up with all of you now. :) Hope you all have a nice evening! :)