Been spending a lot of time online trying to plan my two upcoming theatre trips. :) Bought our tickets to see "Avenue Q," "Little Women," and "Brooklyn". :) My Mom wants to see "Wicked" while we're in NYC, but the show is completely sold out! :P I've already seen it once last February (with Mark) and we enjoyed it, but I wouldn't pay the $400 or so that they're asking for on ebay! :P That's a little ridiculous. :P Maybe we'll try the lotto since
Still want to try to get tickets for "12 Angry Men," and "Brooklyn Boy." Hopefully my luck getting tickets for straight plays is better than my luck with musicals. :P
In February trip news, Kevin's next show - "My Way" is selling out rather quickly. :P If anyone is interested in seeing it with me on Sunday night, the 20th (hint, hint careleswhisper or karmasytx) ;) please let me know. :) Tami Tappan Damiano and Nikki Crawford will be featured in the show along with Kevin so it should be wonderful (Nick's shows always are). :)
And I stole this from many people on my friends' list, but recently from carrieh:
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
I've actually gone to work and enjoyed my job. :) That hasn't happened in... I don't know if that's ever happened. :P
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Every year I always say that it'll be the year that I'll actually get serious and lose 20 pounds. But it's never happened - at least not until this year. :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully not for me this year, though some of my close friends have lost loved ones this year - which really broke my heart as well. :(
5. What countries did you visit?
I haven't been fortunate enough to travel abroad this year. Maybe when I stop planning theatre trips, I'll be able to afford it. :)
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
I did this survey last year and I answered - "Job stability" - which, thankfully, I now have. :) In 2005 I'd like to have a better grasp of my time away from work. (Time management outside of work tends to be a huge weakness of mine) :P
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 12th - the day my best friend got married and I was lucky enough to be a part of her special day. :)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing my Series 7 and Series 24 exams. I am SO glad that it's over! :)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably my inability to keep in touch with some RL friends this year. Sadly we've all been busy and have grown apart. :(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully I've been blessed with good health this year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My tickets to see "Millie" on closing weekend. :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of you who put up with me all year long! *HUGS*
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My co-worker who appeared in several locked posts throughout the year. Also Acura girl. :(
14. Where did most of your money go?
Three words - Thoroughly.Modern.Millie. :P
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
All my theatre trips, but in particular the trip in January which was the first time I saw Kevin in Millie. :) That was the same trip that we had the wonderful conversation with Kevin at that bar-like place inside the Marriott after the show (where he ordered an overpriced Sprite and we had to yell above the really loud, really tacky disco music just to be heard) :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
The curtain call music from Millie - whenever I hear it - it always reminds me of all the wonderful Millie experiences this past year. :)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier
thinner or fatter? Thinner (it's the first year that I can actually say that) ;)
richer or poorer? About the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spend time with more of my RL friends.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spending time and energy getting upset over silly things I have no control over. (See ticket post above) :P
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family and fuzzy dog - the best way to spend Christmas!
21. Did you fall in love in 2004?
I fell in love in 1996 and never fell out of it. :)
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program? New one?
This year it was "Line of Fire" and though I started watching it because of Julie Ann, I kept tuning in week after week because I found it was really a superb show. I miss it! :( This year I also found that I couldn't get along without my "Will & Grace" DVDs. :)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't think I've hated anyone - takes too much energy. :P
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The "Baby" cast recording. :)
26. What did you want and get?
An iPod Mini - thanks Mark! :)
27. What did you want and not get?
I think I had a pretty good year, I really couldn't ask for more.
28. What was your favorite film(s) of this year?
Haven't seen a single film this year. :P I really don't get out much. :P
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Mark took me to eat dinner at my favorite Chinese/Italian restaurant and he gave me my very first digital camera. :) I was 34. :P
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
See answer number 27 above.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
I realized that I was getting too old to shop in my favorite stores. :P
32. What kept you sane?
Aside from my family, friends, and my fuzzy dog - I'd have to say those two magical hours between the overture and the curtain call at the Marquis Theatre this year. ;)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
*cough* I think we all know who this is so I really don't think I have to mention any names.... ;)
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The elections themselves, but please don't get me started talking about that again. :P
35. Who did you miss?
My Dad - every single day. :(
36. Who was the best new person you met?
All of you (though I'm cheating since I met most of you last year) :)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Never to take anything for granted - most importantly, my loved ones.
If anyone is interested, here are my answers from last year. :P