So I called in sick today and after some tylenol, A LOT of sleep, a mango, numerous Broadway.Com videos, and much fuzzy dog hugging, I'm starting to feel a little better. And so unless that odd high fever comes back again tonight, I'll probably end up going back to work tomorrow. :)
In theatre news, Luba Mason is the sweetest person! I sent her a short email to congratulate her on return to Broadway in "Chicago" and she emailed me a sweet response back. She's one of the few "Ten Commandments" performers that I wasn't lucky enough to meet when I saw the show in October but I was just so happy to hear that she was going to be joining the cast of "Chicago" that I had to send her an email. :) I don't know if performers understand that even the shortest, sweet responses can totally make our day - her email sure brightened mine. :)
And because I've been tagged by kathyselden, :) I stole this:
Not because you have to, but because you WANT to! Things you enjoy, even when no one around you wants to go out and play. What lowers your stress/blood pressure/anxiety level? Make a list, post it to your journal... and then tag 5 friends and ask them to post it to theirs.
- Listening to my show music, both from cast recordings that I love and others that I've acquired. :) Somehow listening to old Kevin shows and reliving some great theatre moments is the best way I know to relieve stress. :)
- Spending time with my fuzzy dog! Nothing helps to lower my stress level more than all that fuzziness! :)
- ::Embarrassed:: Reading soap opera fan fiction. (Yes, you can insert a look of shock here) There have been some great fan fic written over the last five years for one of my old favorite soap couples (Danny & real-Michelle from "Guiding Light") and yes, I don't watch the soap anymore (and haven't since Joie Lenz left the show in 2000) but the fan fic that some of the fans still write is beautiful and certainly a guilty pleasure of mine!
- Scrapbooking! I know that I haven't really had too much time for it lately, but I really enjoy the creativity of laying out a page and filling it with photos that I cherish. :)
- Taking photos of nothing in particular... Just grabbing my camera and driving somewhere and recording everything I see on film. This has to be one of the best ways to relieve stress - it's a shame I don't have the time to do it more often. :(
You've been tagged!!