- 1776 - One of my favorite musicals, not only because I love Peter Stone, but because seeing it for the first time in 2001 was a very special experience for me. Not only did it renew my love for musical theatre, but it introduced me to the talent of a great actor and singer named Kevin Earley. :D
- Big Island Candies - Their chocolate covered shortbread cookies are heavenly!! Unfortunately these cookies are only sold on the Big Island... :(
- Chad Brannon - He used to be Zander Smith on "General Hospital," but more than that, he's someone who has had a HUGE impact on my life. If it weren't for Chad, I never would've met Kevin and my life would be completely different today. I owe him a lot.
- Commander In Chief - Julie Ann's new TV series this Fall on ABC. :) I've seen previews and it looks like a great show, but I'll have to admit that my Julie bias is the reason this show even on my interest list. ;)
- Eric McCormack - *SIGH* he's beautiful! :)
- Hitch - A VERY cute film! I'll admit it though, my Julie Ann bias is at work again and part of the biggest reasons I loved this movie so much was because she was in it. :)
- John Cullum - He played Edward Rutledge in "1776" and anyone who did is golden in my book. :) Plus he gets extra points for being so nice and saying a quick "Thanks for coming" to Mark & I as we waited for Anastasia Barzee to come out in the freezing cold after "Urinetown" in January several years ago. :)
- Kevin Earley - Ummm... does this one really need an explanation? ;) Clearly the most generous, and lovely - most talented and genuine person I've had the good fortune of knowing.
- Marquis Theatre - It will forever be "Millieland" to me. :)
- Nick DeGruccio - He's one of the reasons I love LA theatre so much. His passion for directing and the care he puts into his productions is VERY evident when you see his shows. He can take ANYTHING and turn it into a masterpiece - and that's truly the mark of a great director... Not to mention he's one of the kindest, most warm hearted people I've met in LA theatre. :)
- Reprise! - Some of my best theatre experiences have been seeing shows at Reprise! It's where I first saw Kevin in 1776 all those years ago... It's also where I saw the most incredible staged reading of "Assassins"... Kevin as Booth, David Burnham as Hinckley, and Harry Groener as Guiteau... Amazing!!
- Side Show - This will forever be my favorite show experience. It's the show that introduced me to Julie Dixon Jackson, Misty, Nick, and all the other wonderfully talented performers in the cast who I love so much. :)
- Tami Tappan Damiano - My first encounter with Tami was sitting next to her and her husband (then fiance, I think) Chris at the Robby Awards in 2002. She won Best Actress that year and I'll never forget her excitement when she came back to her seat after receiving her award. :) Since then I've seen her in "City of Angels," "My Way," and most recently "Guys & Dolls." She's got to be one of the biggest talents that LA theatre has to offer.
- Tyler Florence - One of the reasons I find Food Network so entertaining. :) *SIGH*
Shamelessly stolen from practically all my LJ friends...
I know I have been HORRIBLE about keeping up with LJ, but I did want to recap my favorite theatre experiences of the year. These were chosen not…
...from something she mentioned a LONG time ago. This is something I've been meaning to keep for my own reference. Tony Winners I've Seen Perform…
I know... It's been a LONG time since I've updated this thing. Between work, traveling, web work, more traveling... I've been a bit overwhelmed...…