In MUCH happier news, this weekend, Mark & I are planning to go out to dinner with Susan and Fredrick! :) It's been so long since I've seen them and I really miss talking with Susan. :( We're both always so busy that it's rare when we're able to spend some time together. And though I enjoy it when the four of us get together, I do miss our girls' night out - just because we can talk about things (like our men) more openly... I really should start scheduling our monthly dinner nights again - I miss Susan a lot! :(
Spent the better half of the evening listening to Kevin's CD. :) The cover, BTW is my new icon. :) Justin did the artwork on the cover and it's just incredible!
Little happy things about Kevin's CD that I love:
- When he calls out his band members names for solos in "It Don't Mean A Thing" - just the way he growls out "Michael!" - it's just too cute!
- His little "du-wah, du-wah, du-wahs" - Haha! :D
- Those little belty notes he hits in "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes." *SIGH*
- The ending of "Fly Me to the Moon." *DOUBLE SIGH* :)
Before I head off to bed, I was tagged by vsprtn :D. List 20 random facts about yourself then tag as many people as it takes minutes to write them down.
- I'm addicted to Sudoku and crosswords and have to do both from the morning paper each day. :)
- I never drank alcohol before and I really don't plan to start. :P
- When I was four, I named my cat Hush - because she was always so quiet (and she lived to be almost 17 years old!) :)
- I've loved Shelties all my life, though Sydney is the first dog that I've ever owned.
- My first real job was working at Mrs. Field's Cookies in the mall near my house and to this day I just can't look at a Mrs. Field's cookie in quite the same way. :P
- I got a speeding ticket once in California. I tried to drive from Santa Barbara to Manzanar and back all in one day. :P Yes, I was young and foolish at the time... :P
- I rarely watch TV these days, but one of my favorite shows is "Sokoga Shiritai" which is a Japanese documentary type show about the interesting people, places, and food in Japan.
- I fear public speaking - the only time it got better was the year I was President of my Jaycee chapter and was basically forced to speak in front of large groups all the time.
- I'm not much of a reader - I rarely read books for pleasure (only out of necessity) - which is odd considering my mother is a retired librarian.
- The thing I find most attractive about a man is his sense of humor (a killer baritone doesn't hurt either, however) ;)
- One of the first things I trained Sydney to do was stretch on command (and she's pretty good at it) :)
- My first celebrity crush was on Dwight Clark of the San Francisco 49ers. I was completely in love with him from the time I was 11 to when I was about 15. :P
- I wrecked my lower back taking gymnastics when I was younger and because of it will always have awful lower back pain. :P
- The show that I've seen the most times on Broadway is "Thoroughly Modern Millie" - which I've seen 12 times.
- I used to be a diehard soap fan (and I even used to be so hardcore that I'd use nicknames for soap couples made up of both characters names... like ZEm and Manny.) :)
- I'm an incessant worrier and can stay up all night worrying about something trivial.
- Which brings me to the fact that I've had a problem with insomnia for most of my life. :P I'm also a very light sleeper and I can never go right back to sleep when I wake up in the middle of the night.
- I have a degree in photography which I don't use at all.
- All through school I hated math - in fact, I took Logic in college so I wouldn't have to take a college math course. :P
- I collect ticket stubs and playbills of all the shows I've ever attended. They're all in a file cabinet near my desk, but I think I have to find a new place for them soon because the cabinet is getting too small.
And I'm supposed to tag people based on how long it took me to do this... But I won't because I stopped in here to take a shower, play with the dog, etc... It's taken me such a long time to finish this that I'd have to tag everyone on my friends' list...
Hope you all have a nice evening. I'm off to crawl into bed and get ready for another "fun filled" day tomorrow. :P