Mark got free tickets to see the advance screening of "Rent" on the 14th... The sad thing is that I'm going to be out of town and can't join him. :( He's planning on going with his sister and a bunch of her friends, though and promises me that we'll see it together when I get home. :) Darn it, does EVERYTHING I want to do happen on the 14th? :(
Speaking of the 14th, I have decided to volunteer for this year's Ovation Awards Ceremony. It looks like a lot of fun and probably a once in a lifetime experience to see the inner workings of a big awards show like this, so I'm pretty excited. And really, I'd love to do any of the things on the volunteer list (except maybe guarding the trophies or the stage entrance - can you imagine me guarding anything?? Someone could flick a finger at me and knock me down!) ;) If I really had my choice though, I'd love to work at "Nominee Will Call" - that way I'd hopefully be able to see both Bets and Nick on their way in and I could wish them well before the show. :)
And because I stole this from cahwyguy, I found out a long-held secret of one of my favorite actors. :)
Name the five celebrities who share your birth year that you have the biggest crushes on! To find your matches, we suggest you use Wikipedia (quick method) or IMDb (exhaustive list). To do this, go to Wikipedia and enter your birth year in the search box. On the resulting page, click "Births". Alternatively, go to IMDb's 'In This Year' page, click your birth year, and under "Overview", click "births". Then scan the list(s) and pick out your faves!
I used a combination of IMDb & IBDb (Internet Broadway Database), since most celebrities that I have crushes are Broadway actors:
- Paul Anthony Stewart - Big *SIGH* - born Feb 23rd, 1970 (He's never told anyone his age before. I can't believe he's just a few weeks younger than me!) - He, of course, is playing Danny Santos on "Guiding Light" and can currently be seen in the revival cast of "Fiddler on the Roof" at the Minskoff. :D He was the very first celebrity I ever met in person (in 1999)... and he still takes my breath away... Really, how much more handsome could one man get??
- Ethan Hawke - Big *SIGH* - born Nov 6th, 1970. I've had a HUGE crush on Ethan all my post-puberty life. :) LOVED, loved, loved him in "Dead Poet's Society" - whatever he has done since has been okay, and if it hasn't it's been forgiven by me by just pulling out and watching my old DPS dvd.
- Chris O'Donnell - born June 26th, 1970 (Incidently the same day and year as my best friend, Susan!) :) Loved him in "School Ties" and "Circle of Friends."
- Will Chase - born Sept 12th, 1970. He was Chris in the second national tour of "Miss Saigon," Radames in "Aida" on broadway, and in the closing cast of "The Full Monty" on Broadway. Cute, talented, and very *sigh-worthy*
- River Phoenix - born on August 23rd, 1970 (but sadly passed away WAY before his time on Oct 31st, 1993) :( His performance in "Running on Empty" still makes me cry. :(
1970, what a GREAT year for sigh-worthy celebrities!!
As a side note, I never realized that Susan Egan, Melissa Errico, Audra MacDonald, and Emily Skinner were all born in 1970 too! :)
Hope you all have a nice evening, I'm off to give some attention to the fuzzy dog. :)