1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
Got serious about my health and went to see a doctor,...finally!
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think it was something along the lines of keeping up with my healthy eating / exercise plan which I didn't really do. :P Next year I really vow to take better care of myself (which means eating better and exercising more...)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A few friends, but no one really close.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year, thank God!
5. What countries did you visit?
No traveling abroad for me this year, though I did go to: New York City in January, the Big Island in March, San Francisco in November, and LA a total of six times this year... :)
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A better handle on health issues - I will definitely try to take better care of myself next year.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 30, 2005 - It was such a beautiful day (watching the latern floating ceremony and seeing the flags at Punchbowl) and it was so good for my soul. :) I will remember it for a long time to come. :) I also will always have such fond memories of my "My Way" trip - still one of the best theatre trips I've taken (the show was good, but the cast, crew, etc. were all the best - I loved seeing the show and seeing everyone!) :)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably passing my Series 53 Exam - especially since getting there was so chaotic!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining back all the weight I lost last year and completely letting my health go downhill. :(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No... well,... no.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My laptop computer - woo hoo for wireless access!!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mark - how he continues to put up with me, I will never know. :) And of course, all of you for putting up with me as well!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I really can't think of anyone this year.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Aside from the mortgage and bills, theatre tickets, theatre tickets, and more theatre tickets...
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to the Ovation Awards, finally meeting Kristi at Bark!, happy emails from Kevin, Bets, and Julie, and each time I was able to make it to LA to see someone I liked in a great show. :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Oh gosh, probably "Seasons of Love" because it played in my My Space page every time I looked at my profile. :P Thankfully, I've changed it because though I like the song, it was driving me batty whenever I logged in to My Space. ;)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Probably a little of both for different reasons
thinner or fatter? Much fatter. :P
richer or poorer? About the same...
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Watching what I ate and looking after my health...
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Getting upset over petty things.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Spending the day with the in-laws and the evening with my Mom. :) She's making my grandmother's famous seafood soup for dinner that I'm REALLY looking forward to! :D
21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
New Year's Eve Mark, my Mom, Sydney and I will be going over to the in-laws for their annual New Year's Eve party. :)
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
No, but I did almost 10 years ago and haven't fallen out of love.
23. How many one-night stands?
What kind of question is this?? None.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Aside from the obvious "Commander In Chief" (to see Julie), I really fell in love with "West Wing" (season 2 on DVD!!) this year and am still an avid fan of "Will & Grace"
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hating just takes up too much of my energy...
26. What was the best book you read?
I'm ashamed to say that I didn't read too much this year - only books I needed to for exams or web design... :P Bad Sheri!
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Bets Malone! :) Kristi Holden, Tami Tappan Damiano, and Damon Kirsche. :) I'd seen all of them in other shows previously, but realized just HOW talented they all are this year (not to mention what nice, sweet people they are).
28. What did you want and get?
An iPod (okay technically I got it for Christmas last year...)
29. What did you want and not get?
I'm pretty blessed, I really couldn't ask for more...
30. What was your favorite film this year?
Probably a mix between "Hitch" (because of Julie), "Rent", and "In Her Shoes." I think this year I went to more movies than I have in the past 5 years combined! ;)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Mark took me to eat dim sum at Royal Garden, we went shopping at Shirokiya afterward, and he bought me speakers for my iPod. :) I turned 35. :P
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I was better about remaining healthy... :P
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Constantly changing to fit whatever weight I was at a specific time. :P
34. What kept you sane?
Hubby, fuzzy dog, and my Mom. Working on my websites and the occasional trip to LA to unwind from work and see some great theatre.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Uh... I think we can all safely say we know who this is. Do I really have to name names? ;) In addition, this year I've found that Bradley Whitford, Eric McCormack, and Jesse L. Martin incredibly attractive as well...
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I've not been keeping up with specific political issues because honestly in this administration, I may go nuts if I do.
37. Whom did you miss?
My Dad - every single day. :(
38. Who was the best new person you met?
All of you! :)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
I've always spent so much time worrying about others, this year I learned that sometimes I need to take care of myself, too.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"And yet today, I am not the same... I feel my life slipping from its frame..." - from "Patterns" from the cast recording Baby
If anyone is interested, here are my answers from 2003 & 2004. :)