In happier, "non goldfish killing" news, we just came home from an evening at the in-laws visiting with Mark's cousins who are visiting from Colorado for the holidays. They brought their two adorable sons with them and it was so nice to see them since we only get to see them all about once a year. :) I also had fun speaking with Mark's cousin, Tricia. Mark's family and I usually don't have ANY similar interests, but Tricia and I have always seemed to get along really well. We both share an interest of theatre and scrapbooking and we can talk endlessly about both. :)
And finally, I was interviewed by kathyselden:
1. Leave a comment saying you want to be interviewed.
2. I'll reply and give you five questions to answer.
3. You'll update your LJ with the questions answered.
4. You'll include this explanation.
5. You ask other people questions when they want to be interviewed. And it just keeps going, and going, and going....
1. What was the first show you saw Kevin in and what drew you to his talent? Love this question! It was 1776 at Reprise! in Septmember of 2001. :) He played Rutledge and the moment he sang "Molasses to Rum" my heart stopped... he had the most gorgeous baritone that I've EVER heard and his stage presence... Ah!! He had SUCH a commanding stage presence that my hands shook whenever he sang his solo. I went back a few more times to see the show before even approaching him at the stage door to tell him how marvelous he was. :) Been a fan ever since!
2. What's your favorite scent from Bath & Body Works? I love Sweet Pea. :) I used to be hugely in to B&BW, but now I've really gotten to love the scents at Victoria's Secret. "Sweet Temptation" is my favorite VS scent. :)
3. How many times have you been to NYC? Let's see... I've been there a total of nine times so far. :) Surprisingly I started going there for reasons other than Broadway, though... a little show called "Guiding Light" and a handsome guy by the name of Paul Anthony Stewart was my first reason to go. ;)
4. What is mochi ice cream? (Any kind of ice cream sounds delicious to me!) It's SO delicious!! Mochi is a very sweet and delicious rice cake. Mochi ice cream is a scoop of ice cream completely covered by a mochi layer... It may sound weird, but it's one of the most delicious things! They sell them in eight packs here for like $4.99! It's pretty expensive!
5. Given your background in photography, what are your favorite things to photograph? I love this question! My favorite thing to do is photograph people and places in their natural setting... I love photojournalistic photography that allows you to see the personality of the subject being photographed. :) I love natural light photos - I'm not one for artificial lighting... and I prefer B&W to color any day! :)
Thanks for the wonderful questions, Ashley!! :)
Hope you all have a nice evening, I'm off to try to push the fuzzy dog off my pillow so I can get some sleep. :)