I knew there was something more productive that I should have been doing tonight (like packing for instance?) but I'm almost ashamed to admit that Mark & I spent the entire evening in front of the TV watching "American Idol." I have to say, it does have a way of drawing me in (and for someone who hates reality TV as much as I do, that's really something!) And I know I haven't seen all the auditions yet, but I've already picked a favorite... Kelly Pickerton (?) - she's got a great voice and she seemed like such a sweet person. :)
My office is having our annual American Idol "contest" again this year and we're all pretty excited about it. The poor men in our office have to put up with all of our American Idol chatter every Wednesday and Thursday mornings. :) They always complain about all the fuss we make over the show, but then when football season is in full swing, we all have to put up with their college football chatter... :P
And because I'm procrasting packing, I stole this from MySpace:
1) Where did you graduate from and what year?
Pearl City High School, 19...*cough* *cough* 88... *SIGH* :(
2) Did you have school pride?
I think so (what a geek I was!) :P
3) Was your prom a night to remember?
Senior Prom was awful,... I had just broken up with my boyfriend and it was too late to take anyone else to the prom so we ended up going together (and getting back together - what a mistake!) :P I think I had more fun at other people's proms rather than my own.
4) Do you own all 4 Yearbooks?
Yes, and they're all at my Mom's house somewhere - probably in storage.
5) What was the worst trouble you ever got into?
Gosh, I was a goody-two-shoes (hard to believe, huh?) ;) I never got into any serious trouble,... really. ;)
6) What kind of people did you hang out with?
I had a really close knit group of friends who I hung around with since elementary school - we were known as the quiet, studious ones. (AHAHAHA!!) :P In Junior year we all kind of out grew each other and I ended up hanging around with a lot of the girls from flags (yes I was a band geek!) :P
7) What was your number 1 choice of College in HS?
I wanted to go to UCLA, my dad wanted me to go to University of Iowa...
8) What radio stations did you listen to?
9) Were you involved in any organizations or clubs?
Newspaper staff, yearbook staff, flag corps, stuff like that...
10) What were your favorite classes in High School?
Photography and Newswriting...
11) Who was your big crush in High School
Oh my, where do I begin? I had a HUGE crush on A LOT of UH Baseball players (Markus Owens and Dan Nyssen - to name a few) As far as guys who went to my school... I had a crush on this guy named Grant for most of my high school years (he was the cutest thing!) Sadly, he only always thought of me as a friend. Wonder what he's doing now?
12) Would you say you've changed a lot since High School?
A LOT. Aside from the fact that it was over 15 years ago (and I should've changed since then...), I think I've become a little less shy (I was voted "Shyest" in High School if you can believe that!!)
13) What do you miss the most about it?
Friends, mostly. I wonder what they're all up to?
14) Your worst memory of HS?
Things that seemed so awful and earth-shattering back then like breaking up with my boyfriend, etc...
15) Did you have a car?
Yes, it was a Toyota Corolla and I drove it from 1986 when I got my license, took it to college with me in Santa Barbara, and left it there when I graduated in 1993. LOTS of memories with that car!
16) What were your school colors?
Purple and white (can you believe it?)
17) Who were your fav. teachers?
Mr Abe, my photography instructor
18) Did you own a cell phone in high school?
Haha! Did they have them back then? ;)
19) Did you leave campus for lunch?
We weren't allowed to leave campus and even if we did, there was no where to go close by! :P
22) Did you ever have to stay for Saturday School?
What the heck is Saturday school?
23) Did you ever ditch Sat. detention?
We never had Saturday detention.
24) Would you be there for a renunion?
I went to my 10 year, but I think I had enough of that...
25) Do you wish you were still in high school?
No, I'm glad it's over!
26) What's your biggest regret from High School?
Some of the guys I dated - what the heck was I thinking? ;)
Hope you all have a nice evening, I guess I should get going and actually start packing! ;) *HUGS*