Took a HUGE chance and started my web design business.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year I vowed to be better about my health by eating better and exercising more - which I did. Now I've adopted a new vegetarian lifestyle and work out daily (not to mention that I've shed 15 pounds in the process) :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, not this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, not this year, thank goodness!
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't do any traveling abroad this year... though I did take a trip to NYC in January, and NINE (gasp!!) trips to LA to see some great shows this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A better handle on my new postion. Right now I feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants. :P
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 21st when I went to see Valley Musical Theatre's Fractured Broadway concert. Not only did it feature EVERY single one of my favorite performers, but it was directed by Nick and who knew at the time that VMT would become such a big part of my life?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably getting promoted to Regional Sales Manager - it was the first time I took a job SO completely out of my comfort zone!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not trying hard enough to keep in touch with RL friends this year... especially my old college roommate who got married this year and we'd been sadly drifting apart for a long time...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Season one DVD of "Queer as Folk" - it started my obsession with the show. :)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mark - how he continues to put up with me, I will never know. :) And of course, all of you for putting up with me as well!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one specific, though I know there are lots of people out there who are close-minded and hateful which saddens me to no end...
14. Where did most of your money go?
Aside from the mortgage and bills, theatre tickets, theatre tickets, and did I mention? THEATRE TICKETS!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting to see Bets and Julie in "The Marvelous Wonderettes," going to the Ovations and seeing Kevin nominated for an award, and finally getting to meet David Burnham - what a sweetheart he was!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Probably "Proud" by Heather Small. Not only does it remind me of that pivitol moment when I realized that "Queer as Folk" was something very special, but the lyrics hold a lot of meaning for me.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? I'd have to go with happier :)
thinner or fatter? Thinner, thank goodness!!
richer or poorer? I think this is the first year I can say it, but I think I'm better off financially than I was last year.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spending time AWAY from the office with Mark & Sydney - you can't get those hours back!! :P
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spending all those extra hours at work. No one on their deathbed ever wished they spent MORE time at work... :P
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Spent the morning at the in-laws and then headed to my Mom's for dinner. :) She had a "make your own sushi bar" - which I loved!! She also loved the gifts we got her - Season 5 of "Queer as Folk" and Season 2 of "Grey's Anatomy." :)
21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
Each year, Mark & I take my Mom to my in-law's house for their annual New Year's Eve party.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
I fell in love back in 1996 and never fell out of it. :)
23. How many one-night stands?
I don't like answering this question every year... None!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
"Queer as Folk!!!" Really, after seeing all 5 seasons, there really isn't a show that can compare to it. Not only is it beautifully written, but Hal Sparks, Scott Lowell, Peter Paige, Randy Harrison, Robert Gant, etc... are just talented beyond belief!! What an amazing show it was!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I'm so tired of hate... it takes up way too much of my energy and frankly, it's a waste of my time.
26. What was the best book you read?
"Audacity of Hope" - by Barak Obama... So I'm not quite finished with it yet,.... it's still amazing.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This year?? Hmmm... last year it was Bets, Kristi, and Tami... how can I beat that? Let's see... this year it was Zero 1 (love Hal Sparks and Robert Hall!!), Michelle Duffy (damn that girl can sing!!), Alan Campbell (even better that he speaks pidgin english!) :), and of course, the "It Came From Beyond" cast recording. :)
28. What did you want and get?
An i-Pod video. :) (YAY for being able to carry around "Queer as Folk" AND "Lightning Bug" with me wherever I go!) :)
29. What did you want and not get?
I'm very thankful for the things that I have, I really couldn't ask for more...
30. What was your favorite film this year?
Only two movies have really impressed me this year - both were small, independent films on VERY small budgets, but both were extremely beautiful and very moving and affected me much more than any other high budget film this year... "It's My Party" and "Lightning Bug." (Both were semi-autobiographical, too)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Mark & I were in LA and went to see Jason Robert Brown and Julia Murney in the one night only concert version of "Last 5 Years" at Reprise. What a birthday evening THAT was! :)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
See above answer... I've been VERY, very fortunate this year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Lately I've been having to buy and wear a lot of business suits (darn new position!) ;) but prior to this, I've been a sweater and slacks kind of girl...
34. What kept you sane?
Definitely my hubby and my fuzzy dog!! :) Of course, traveling to LA to see wonderful theatre has certainly kept me sane throughout the year as well. Also forgetting about work and getting immersed in the various seasons of "Queer as Folk" :) has done wonders to relieve work stress.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ahaha... Hmmm... I think we all know the answer to THIS question - so I don't think I really need to mention names... but I will say that in addition this year, I also found Hal Sparks, Paul Anthony Stewart, David Burnham, Alan Campbell, and Gregory Harrison incredibly attractive.... *SIGH*
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Like last year, I'll say - I haven't been keeping up with specific political issues because honestly in this administration, I may go nuts if I do.
37. Whom did you miss?
My Dad - every single day. :(
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Of course, all of you! :)
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Balance is SOOOO important in life... all work and no play makes Sheri a very cranky person!! ;)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I step out of the ordinary, I can feel my soul ascending..." - from "Proud," Heather Small
Here are my answers for 2003, 2004, and 2005.