I forgot who I stole this from (it was awhile ago), but I changed this around a little - it was supposed to be lines from a movie, but I changed it to musicals because I can't even remember the last movie I saw.... :P
1. Pick a fifteen musicals that are ones that you have special feelings about.
2. Pick a few lines of dialogue or lyrics from songs from the musical that mean something to you.
3. As people guess the musical, strike out that entry.
4. If possible, after the musical is guessed, explain why it made the list.
"You make me feel awake, awake,... awake like I have never felt before..."- Sleeping Beauty Wakes - guessed by careleswhisper "There's needing to be where she is, waking up and there she is..."- Applause - guessed by careleswhisper "I'm one in the long line of good girls, who choose the wrong guy to be sweet on..."- City of Angels - guessed by cahwyguy "So I think about you, and I think about me loving you..."- Baby - guessed by cahwyguy "She has to be tough as a man, but even that won't be enough..."- Johnny Guitar - guessed by cahwyguy "What are your dreams? What are you longing for?"- Side Show - guessed by cahwyguy
- "...Another night has fallen on the street of your hometown and all at once you understand that you are here to stay..."
"Chasing the music,... trying to get home."Jersey Boys- guessed by alligatorandme
- "But suddenly loud as a mortar there is hope - finally hope..."
"I've longed to discover something as true as this is..."- Rent - guessed by alligatorandme "...the priviledged few, plus you know who..."- Thoroughly Modern Millie - guessed by cahwyguy
- "...the water's INCREDIBLY blue..."
"...And the usherette's a rock star..."- Assassins - guessed by vsprtn "Fear or love, baby don't say the answer..."- tick, tick... BOOM! - guessed by cahwyguy "...without cable, hot water, Vietnamese food, or you..."- Last 5 Years - guessed by cahwyguy
These are possibly 15 of my all time favorite musicals. :) I think only one of my favorites isn't here -- but I couldn't think of any lyrics for it right now that didn't scream the name of the show. I tried to write down the lyrics that really meant something to me (or that I loved,) but it might be a bit difficult to guess. I did leave a HUGE clue in my icon, though. ;)
Thank you so much in advance for participating!!