1. Which TV family would you like to join?
The Fosters in Six Feet Under... though they're REALLY dysfunctional and really repressed. And they have to deal with death all the... nevermind, not the Fosters. :P
2. Three suitcases or one carry-on?
I usually travel with one carry-on and two checked bags (on my way home from LA... to carry all the goodies that I buy from Trader Joe's) ;) Now, however since all the airlines charge for that extra bag... I have to control my shopping. :P
3. What superpower would you want to possess? Why?
Ability to teleport (like those wonderful folks in fictional Oakdale...) :P I'd go to LA or NYC on a whim during the weekday, see a show, and be back in time for work the next morning. :) LOVELY!
4. The movie or the book? Or the Cliffs Notes?
Although I love to read, I don't do much of it anymore... I'd have to say neither... I'm not really one for movies unless they're small, lovely independent films - or if they star Callum Keith Rennie -- *SIGH*
5. If you started a treehouse club and could only invite three members, who would you pick?
Hmmm.... only three, huh? Susan, Mark, and .... I'm not sure who would be able to put up with our weirdness. ;)
6. Last alcoholic beverage you consumed?
As a generality, I don't drink... But the last alcoholic beverage that I tried was that awful mojito that Jillian had me try at Race to Retirement... Blech!
7. Worst injury you've ever had?
I've been pretty fortunate as far as injuries go -- illness is another story, though... I think the worst injury I had was a slipped disc in my lower back - I could barely move for days!! :(
8. the last person you kissed?
That would be my hubby, Mark.
9. The person you're in love with right now?
Kind of redundant, but Mark... :)
10. Do you miss anyone right now?
Lots of people!
11. Does that person know you miss him/her?
I'm sure they do.
12. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Probably LA since it would save me a lot of money on airfare. ;) I'm only kidding, of course, I love living in Hawaii even if it is REALLLLY far away from any serious theatre... :(
13. Do you like your job?
The eternal burning question - to which, the answer is not very amusing... NO, as a matter of fact, I hate it. :P
14. What is your secret weapon in luring the opposite sex?
15. Who are you?
A VERY short girl (okay, at my age - girl is a stretch...) from Hawaii who loves her family, friends, and theatre a lot!
16. What keeps you awake at night?
Right now, everything from my problems at work, to stressing about web work, to the direction my life is heading... Yes, I'm a mess - an insomniac, and a mess...
17. If you could go back in time and change something, what would you change?
I've said this many times, but I would not have gone back to school in Santa Barbara when my Dad was ill.
18. Are you happy with your life at the moment?
Yes, despite what it might appear to be from speaking with me. I have a beautiful family, INCREDIBLE friends (that's every single one of you, BTW!), and a job that allows me the means to travel and see great theatre. I certainly feel blessed and have NOTHING to complain about...
19. What's the worst thing anyone has ever done to you?
Although I hate thinking about it... One of my former relationships which was a little too abusive (mentally, emotionally, and physically)
20. Do you have a dark secret that you have never told anyone?
That would be it above...
21. What do you like most about your friends?
They're amazing and always such a HUGE source of inspiration to me. Big HUGS to you all!
22. Have you ever come close to dying?
The summer I was 6 - I had a VERY high fever that wouldn't go away for nearly 6 weeks - it was so bad that my Mom had to bathe me in a tub filled with ice cold water and the fever was so high that I would hallucinate. She had to literally carry me everywhere because I was too weak to walk... After that, lots of my hair fell out - in chunks... Pretty weird - thank goodness it all happened during the summer or I might've been held back a year...
23. How do you want to be remembered when you die?
I'd love to have been the kind of friend that all my friends have been for me!
24. What do you never take for granted?
The amazing people in my life...
23. Where were you 3 hours ago?
24. How many times have you traveled by plane in the last year and where did you go?
Wow... Let's see - since last July, I've been to LA -- 12 times, Sacramento - once, the Big Island - once, Maui - too numerous, Kauai - 3 times.
25. Dream vacation?
Aside from the obvious NYC trip to see shows, I'd love to travel to Japan - it's been about 20 years since I've been there and I'd love to go back.
26. CD in your stereo right now?
Last 5 Years cast recording in my car, and Johnny Guitar playing on my iPod. :)
27. Last book you read?
Train Go Sorry
28. Magazines you subscribe to?
LA Stage, Backstage West, Veggie Times....
29.Your fitness regime?
I try to work out twice a day - but the key word is TRY...
30. Last sporting event you watched on TV?
Ehhh... sports on TV is not really my thing... I think it was watching UH in the Sugar Bowl on New Year's - and we all know how that turned out... :P
31. Last sporting event you watched live?
Maybe the Dodgers game I saw with Pat, Bree, Laura, and Sarah in LA waaaaay back in 2001.
32. What did you have for dinner last night and where?
Dinner was at home - I had a grilled veggie pizza.
33. What's on your mind right now?
I have SOOOO much web work, I'll be up really late tonight. :P
34. What are you doing right now?
Taking a break from said web work, doing this survey and d/l last year's Nuke episodes one of the people from the board uploaded...
35. What did you do today?
Attended a sales training session for support in one of my branches, had a one on one meeting with a rep about the politics of his office, gave a review to a new employee... Many, many manager-type things - all of which I enjoy oh-so-much (note the sarcasam and answer #13) ;) (this was written last night...)
36. Do you think you are attractive?
37. Have you done something bad today?
Define bad. I did things I wish I didn't have to do, but that all comes with my job... :P
38. Are you jealous of someone right now?
Jealousy sucks. I try not to give in to it, but hey... I'm human.
39. What makes you happy most of the time?
My family and friends!! Sitting in a theatre and being engulfed by a beautifully moving show... :)
40. Do you bite your nails?
41. What is your mood right now?
Overwhelemed. Why I'm doing this survey, God only knows...
42. Do you want to see someone this very minute?
43. Do you have a deep dark secret?
I thought we'd already established this...
44. Do you hate someone right now?
Hating takes waaaay too much energy - I don't hate anyone.
45. Who/What do you want to hug right now?
Mark... In fact, I'll be right back... ;)
46. Are you loyal?
I think I am, whether we're talking about to my friends, my company (I've worked for them for over 14 years...)
47. Are you in denial?
NO!!! J/K, I don't think so.
48. Have you ever consumed alcohol?
Once... about a year ago, Jillian had me try an awful mojito at Race to Retirement - blech! :P
49. Have you ever done drugs?
50. Do you like someone?
Many people. Oh, you mean... "Yeah,...like that" (famous Luke Snyder line...) :P
51. Does anyone like you?
I hope Mark does.
52. Is it going anywhere with them?
Well, I've been married for almost 10 years, so I think it's going pretty well. ;)
53. If you could be on any reality TV show, what would it be? And why?
I hate reality shows - TV in general, really.
54. What's you opinion on......
Well, speaking as a minority, I'd have to say that interracial ANYTHING doesn't bother me one bit! Like I've said before - I went to college in Santa Barbara... It's hard to be Asian and NOT date interracially there!
I firmly believe in letting your voice be heard! I make it a point to vote in every election - I go to caucuses... I think our collective voices can make a difference ::jumps off that damn soap box::
55. Do you blog on a regular basis?
Ahaha!! Define "regular"... :)
56. If you could meet one celebrity, who would it be?
Van Hansis... wait, I did that (but something more than me stammering incoherently and smiling like an idiot...), Jake Silbermann (I did that too - with the same results as Van)... Aside from them, maybe Michael c. Hall, or Hal Sparks,... or Callum Keith Rennie... I can't decide!
57. Do you call carbonated beverages...soda or pop?
Soda... Even though I don't drink carbonated anything...
58. Are you a procrastinator?
Oh my gosh - AM I! That's one of the primary reasons I'm even doing this survey in the first place. ;)
59. Have you ever been in a 'secret' relationship?
I actually have... During my junior summer in high school, I was in a journalism program at the University of Hawaii and it was after I had broken up with my boyfriend (in case Rylan is reading this - it was after we broke up, dude!) but this guy was WAAAAY older than me, in college and our dorm mother strictly prohibited any socializing with the dorm staff and this guy worked at the dorm that I lived in. We dated secretly for the rest of the summer, and then my entire senior year in high school and freshman year in college...
60. Do you believe in miracles?
I actually really do.
61. Do you pray?
Not as much as I should, really.