- Memphis - Really there's something about the music and the HEART of this show that just gets to me each time. I love it!! And Chad Kimball and Montego Glover are just AMAZING!! Plus there's something SOOOO special about a show that began 6 years ago with the SAME PRINCIPAL CAST that makes you really want it to succeed! I love them! And I love the show!!
- Superior Donuts - Wonderful, heartfelt, and touching play about a down and out donut shop owner and his young, idealistic assistant. Sort of had a certain "Trying" feel to it. WONDERFUL, AMAZING performance by John Michael Hill!! It was so witty and SOOO moving that I was sobbing at the end. SOOOO touching!!
- Brighton Beach Memoirs - Admittedly my favorite play in the Eugene trilogy, the story is the first in the saga of the Jerome family (loosely based on Neil Simon's life). The characters are SO well fleshed out (probably because it's autobiographical and he grew up with these people!) but the characters are REAL, the father (played with SO much heart by Dennis Boutsikaris) is one of the most touching literary characters that I have ever seen portrayed - WHO wouldn't want to have grown up with a father like Jack?? And Santino Fontana is SUPERB as Stan, the older brother. This play is a definite MUST SEE! I have been a fan of Neil Simon's FOREVER and the chance to see such an amazing production of this show was SUCH a treat. LOVED it!
- Chad Kimball - at the stage door of the last performance of Memphis I saw, that amazing final performance I wrote about earlier... WOO. ♥ Just seeing how gracious and sincere he was, not to mention how humble he was - a man next to me told him he was going to be a star and he just laughed and said, "Well, a star is just a gaseous cloud." :D He's SOOOO sweet,... plus he gives the GREATEST hugs! :D
- Running into Kevin & Julie Ann at the NYMF Opening Night Party! Some other things were going on that night and I was trying to leave the party, when I heard, "HEY!" I turned around and it was Kevin!! He, Julie and I had the nicest conversation about the show, him learning to box, the other festival shows, etc. We even had to move to the hallway because it was much too noisy inside Touch to hear anything at all! SO lovely to see them both!
- Lucking out and getting to see Trent Kowalik as Billy in Billy Elliot! :) I'd been tracking the rotation for months in the hopes of catching Trent and thank goodness he was on the matinee that I bought tickets for!! He was wonderful!
- The Monday Sundae from the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck!! YUM!! :) Sea salt, nutella, dulce de leche topping... heaven, let me tell you! :D
- The Veggie Burger from 5 Napkin Burger... Their veggie sauce it to-die-for!! I could eat that burger every day... (and I almost did!!) :)
- That veggie mushroom pot pie I had the last day from The Green Table in Chelsea Market... SOOOOO delicious and a perfect last meal in the city!!!
- I swear I wasn't stalking him, but I seem to have been at a couple of shows that Peter Gregus (from Jersey Boys) was at that week! I saw him at Fat Camp; The Musical and at Memphis on Sunday night! How is it that I happened to see him so often?
- Sat right next to Constantine Maroulis at Fat Camp; The Musical and was offered the M&M's that he caught at the end of the show... this was a VERY surreal moment for me.
- Saw Lindsay Mendez and Christina DeCicco (from Wonderettes) at Fat Camp; The Musical
- Saw Chris Jones (from the JB tour) & his wife at the NYMF Opening Night Party.
- And finally I happened to catch Aaron Tveit walking down 8th from 45th on Sunday night (at about 6:45pm) as I ran to the Shubert to see Memphis - which confused me because I thought N2N had an evening performance that night... :P But then I realized their Sunday eve show was at 7:30pm and not 7:00pm...
Well, that FINALLY wraps up my NYC trip!! What an amazing week & a half! Thank you to everyone who has been putting up with all of my long-winded NY entries. :)