Got a whole bunch of Christmas cards in the mail today, including a card from careleswhisper. Thanks Carrie! :)
Tomorrow morning our branch is buying us breakfast (more eating!) and we're exchanging our Secret Santa gifts. I hope the person I got likes what I got her.
And I saw this in many people's journals, but stole it from irisheyes77
1. What did you do in 2003 that you'd never done before?
Started taking computer classes and for the first time felt like I found something I actually loved doing.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Well, this was the year that I was supposed to loose 20 pounds and save money by not doing frivilous shopping. And while I've probably only gained weight this year, I have to say (aside from that CompUSA sale) I actually didn't buy too many things this year. :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My co-worker's wife gave birth to a darling boy in June, another friend of mine from work's wife gave birth on the very same day to a beautiful girl. And Julie Jackson gave birth in May to the cutest little boy!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My ex-boyfriend's mother (who was like a Mom to me) passed away in June.
5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't travel abroad at all this year. I did make a trip to NYC in February with Mark, and five trips to LA to see some great shows this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2004 that you lacked in 2003?
Job security and probably a better handle on managing my non-working hours.
7. What date from 2003 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Sounds so silly, but it's November 19, 2003 - the day I received the glorious email from Kevin announcing that he would be joining the cast of "Millie". :)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Actually having the guts to go ahead with my dreams and go back to school for something I really want to do.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being the "salesperson" my sales manager wanted me to be. :P
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully not me and nothing serious, though my loved ones seemed to do all the suffering through illnesses this year. :(
11. What was the best thing you bought?
This new computer!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mark because he put up with me for the entire year. And all of you who put up with my web site whining all year... you all deserve awards! :)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Any one of the many people I've referred to in past friend's only posts. :(
14. Where did most of your money go?
Mortgage, bills, theatre tickets, plane fares, theatre tickets,....and did I mention? THEATRE TICKETS! :P
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Aside from the obvious - which was Sydney getting better... Kevin's HUGE debut on Broadway and the premiere of Julie Ann's show "Line of Fire."
16. What song will always remind you of 2003?
"Defying Gravity" because the words really cut deep for me -
"Something has changed within me, Something is not the same. I'm sick of playing by the rules of someone else's game."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter :P
iii. richer or poorer? Doing pretty well money wise - probably the same.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spend time just enjoying Sydney & Mark's company. :)
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Going to the in-laws for breakfast and then to my Mom's for dinner. :)
21. Did you fall in love in 2003?
I fell in love with Mark in 1996 and have been in love with him ever since.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
"Line of Fire". Everyone watch it tomorrow night (my weekly "watch Julie" plug!) ;)
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate takes so much energy, I prefer not to hate anyone.
25. What was the best book you read?
"Fuddy Meers" by David Lindsay-Abaire - a true and total genius!
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I can't say Kevin Earley because that was back in 2001. I'd have to go with Idina Menzel because she gives me goosebumps when she belts and I get teary when I listen to her sing.
27. What did you want and get?
Sydney to get better and she did! :)
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Don't watch movies. Can I change this to "Musicals on Stage?" For this I'd have to go with "Assassins" - what a truly humbling moment it was to be in an audience that was watching such greatness! A terrific score, a wonderful cast, and Kevin in the lead role - what more could a girl want? ;)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33 on Jan 30th and my branch bought me a cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory, Mark sent me roses and took me to eat at Palominos. :)
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Getting a job in the photography (and/or web related) field. Yeah - dream on Sheri!
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2003?
Conservative business during the day (skirts and sweaters, suits, etc.) and shorts and solid colored tops during the weekends.
32. What kept you sane?
Maintaining my websites... though I have to say that some things about it (see friend's only entries for those specifics ;) drove me rather INsane. ;)
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Kevin Earley - is there really a surprise there? ;)
34. Who did you miss?
Aside from my Dad, who I think I miss almost every day of my life... I miss (oddly enough) some of my Jaycee friends.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Gotta agree with Amanda here - all of you! What a sad and lonely year this would've been if you all weren't in my life! Thank you for sharing your life with me this year as well! *BIG HUGS* to you all! :)